Monday, January 9, 2012

Intermediate/Advanced Beginner Adult Tap Class?

That doesn't seem like a confusing name at all! In fact, I would prefer if we could make it even more all encompassing by adding "Introduction to..." to the title. Regardless, today I found that this class has been added to the weekly schedule for my dance studio!

While I do think that simply calling it "Intermediate" would have served its purposes well, I can only imagine from the title (as well as many discussions in previous classes) that this class is to serve as a stepping stone between the Basics Beginner series (which I completed last month) and the Intermediate/Advanced class (which I attended only one of and realized just how much work I needed). We had discussed the possibility of offering this course with our instructor a few times during our beginner series, seeing as we had all progressed well past your basic shuffle, but not even come close to doing a pull back with any ease, but I was worried that for whatever reason, we wouldn't be able to pull off getting a course like this. I did not like the prospect of me continuing to make a fool of myself in the Intermediate/Advanced class (I was so overwhelmed by everything that I didn't know and/or couldn't keep up with the one time I went that I probably spent more than half of the class standing in the corner biting my nails as I tried to make sense of their footwork), but didn't want to have to give up tap dancing because of it. Then comes the Intermediate/Advanced Beginners Adult Tap class to the rescue!

The new class starts tomorrow evening with a different instructor than the one I've had for the past few months. While I'm bummed that I won't be learning from Carol anymore, as she was super fun and extremely talented, I've heard a lot of good things about our new instructor. At the very least, she'll have her own style that should help make us more diversified dancers.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment