Monday, March 21, 2011

My recent haitus from activity...

Between the birth of my first nephew (which involved me making 3 separate round trips across Texas) and a Spring Break weekend getaway with my oh-so-wonderful boyfriend, the past couple of weeks have been busy to say the least! In that time, the only physical activity I have been able to manage has been a few brief games of "Pass the Baby" and a few hours spent Walking in Memphis (eh? anyone? anyone?... and yes, I made a million references to that song while we were there).

This past weekend, while visiting my nephew, I finally found a couple of spare hours and decided to take full advantage of them. I was staying at my Grandma's house, as she lives extremely close to my sister, her husband, and their new son. I had just had breakfast and had no plans until lunchtime anyway, so I decided to go for a run in Grandma's neighborhood. It is a beautiful neighborhood that is covered in colorful flowers and has a park with a view of the Bay nearby, so I was excited about the prospect of running through it.

It may be important to note that since starting our running program, Hannah and I have only run with each other, and we have only run after dark when it was cool, maybe even borderline cold. Running by myself during the warm, humid morning was very different. It is also important to note that the last time I went running was on March 3rd (which as you may recall here, did not go too well).

Having two weeks since my last run, combined with my overall ineptitude with running, made for a kind of poorly executed outing. Don't get me wrong, I powered through and finished my cumulative 6 minutes of light jogging, but it was rough, and I was glad when it was over. And I was genuinely glad. It was difficult, but I did it. I accomplished one challenge, and am excited to face the next one that comes my way.

Anyway, I think my life will be a bit calmer in the coming weeks. Or at the very least, will at least allow me to stay in the same city for a bit. I plan to kick start my exercise regimen and hit it hard with a week chock-full of activity (see below). Hopefully, my time away won't prove to be too big of a problem.

Monday: Indoor Rock Climbing
Tuesday: Running (last day of Week 2 - see our
running program outlined here)
Wednesday: Swing Dancing
Thursday: Running (Week 3 - Day 1)


We'll see how it goes from there. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment