Friday, March 4, 2011

Running into Difficulties

Last night, Hannah and I attempted Week 2: Day 3 of our running program. I say "attempted," because it did not go so well. For some reason, last night's run was much more difficult than either of us had expected.

Maybe it was due to the environment change, as we had decided to run in my neighborhood rather than hers for the first time. Maybe we were disheartened that we couldn't run with the dogs as much (Kiff, named after a Futurama character, has heart worms). Maybe we had just started running too late. We didn't start running until after 9pm, when we had usually been going out by 8pm at the latest. In my case, at least, I am going to assume it couldn't have been the plethora of extremely unhealthy food I have eaten this week. In fact, I think I had just stuffed my face with half a sleeve of Girl Scout cookies and 2 giant slices of pizza when she came over, so I just have no idea how things could have gone so poorly!

Whatever be the case, I am determined to not let this one set back throw a wrench in our training or in our motivation! We have to look at the positives. Even though it was difficult, we were able to complete the workout, which is something we wouldn't have been able to do a few weeks ago. It's something I definitely wouldn't have been able to do a year ago.

After such a disheartening run, though, we decided to treat ourselves to a viewing of the Shedding for the Wedding premier (I have the episodes recorded). So all in all, it was a successful night.

Have a great weekend!

Note: As I will be out of town this weekend, we will pick up our running program again either Sunday or Monday. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment