Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ode to Sara Rue

I have found myself utterly enthralled with Sara Rue. I used to watch Popular on what was then the WB in 1999, and while I don't remember the show that well, I feel like hers was the character I liked the most because she was genuine and not catty like everyone else.
Now, she can be found not only on Jenny Craig commercials, but also as the host of the CW's new reality/competition show, Shedding for the Wedding. In this series, nine overweight couples with nine unique wedding themes engage in competition to the win the wedding of their dreams. The big winners will ultimately be the big losers: the couple that loses the highest percentage of body weight (watch for my extremely detailed review of Shedding for the Wedding later). Sara Rue is a perfect host for this show, because according to her Jenny Craig commercials, she recently lost 50 pounds for her very own dream wedding!
In my opinion, Sara Rue steals the show. Whenever she is on screen, I find myself paying more attention to her than any of the contestants. She just looks so fantastic! She was not huge or anything before, but she looks absolutely marvelous now. Her face, particularly, accentuates how much weight she has lost. On Popular, she had kind of a baby face with slightly puffy cheeks, but in the past 12 years, she developed such a thin face that is just beautiful to look at. I find that she, more than any other celebrity or success story I have seen, has motivated me to get active and healthy. I would say that before I started my weight loss program, I had a body type very similar to the "Before" Sara Rue. If eating healthy and working out will get me to look like the "After" Sara Rue, I will be extremely happy!
Furthermore, she's always wearing such cute outfits on the show; outfits that I would love to wear, but don't quite feel comfortable in yet. Also, she wore a wavy side-braid in yesterday's episode, so that just clenches it. I would like to hear much more of her transforming story, and how she went about shedding for her wedding. Eh? Eh?

Picture of Sarah Rue found via Google Images on dietsnworkouts.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment